As we approach the end of another transformative year, there’s no better time to reflect on the power of collective action and the positive changes we can bring about in the world. At the Friends of SAC, we are immensely grateful for the support and generosity of our community throughout the year. As we stand at the threshold of a new chapter the new year brings, we invite you to join us in making a lasting impact through end-of-year giving.
Many of us are contemplating ways to make a meaningful impact and leave a positive mark on the world. Imagine accomplishing this goal without our avalanche forecasting and education. How would you stay informed if the Sawtooth Avalanche Center issued forecasts only three days a week, or if there was no forecast for the mountains east of Highway 75?
Your donation not only supports the SAC forecast team as they publish the daily forecasting products we all rely upon, but also serves as an investment in the future, promoting life-saving education that extends far beyond the calendar year.
This year, a renewed gift will help:
- Deliver free and low-cost avalanche awareness training to 3,000 individuals
- Expand outreach to motorized users, who account for 26 of Idaho’s last 28 backcountry avalanche fatalities
- Maintain our snowmobiles, trailers, and weather station network
- Improve ease of access to the SAC website and forecasts for all users
- Fund and provide safety equipment, tools, and training for our forecasters
Will you help us raise $50,000 before Dec 31?
Your contributions directly fund our operations and allow us to continue providing essential services to the community. Together, we can deliver on our mission of promoting life-saving avalanche safety information, education, and outreach throughout south-central Idaho.
Ways to Give:
- One-Time Donations: A straightforward and impactful way to contribute.
- Monthly Giving: Join our community of sustaining supporters by making a recurring monthly donation.
Let’s embark on this journey of giving together. Your support is the catalyst for positive change, and we are excited to see what we can achieve in the coming year. Thank you for being an integral part of our community and for making a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Do you like the featured image for this post? That image is curtesy of Nick Poling, and he is graciously donating 75% of site sales between now and the end of the year to the Friends! Get that last minute holiday gift, or treat yourself to a professional photo of an area we all love. Visit his site at https://nickpoling.smugmug.com/
Now, pray for snow!